Player Development vs. 'Win-at-all-cost' Approach
Transform Your Coaching Style & Win Too!
This is a baseball coaching experience for all coaches. Rarely is there a product out there that can significantly help coaches improve their coaching methods as this comprehensive training tool. This is a complete coaching training package to jumpstart all coaches no matter what age level or experience you are right now. Dave takes you step-by-step from start to finish to show you how to provide a total player development system for your players and help them reach the high school baseball funnel.
Dave spent 19 years in professional baseball as a catcher, coach, field manager and scout. 15 years with the Boston Red Sox
After playing 5 seasons in the minors, Dave spent 11 seasons managing in the Red Sox minor league system helping to develop several major league ballplayers.
After playing for 2 years as College of Sequoias and two years at Fresno State, Dave signed with the Boston Red Sox in the 20th round of the 1979 draft.
Dave helped coach players like Jeff Bagwell, Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens, Brady Anderson, Jody Reed, John Flaherty, Ellis Burks, Paul Quantrill, John Valentin, Josias Manzanillo, Dana Kiecker and many others. Named Coach of the Year 3 times.
After leaving the Red Sox after 1994, Dave managed and recruited teams in the Independent Professional Baseball leagues for 3 years.
In 2000-2004, Dave and his family operated and coached the Salinas Packers in the California Collegiate Summer League. Dave returned to his high school to coach from 2005-08 culminating in a Valley 4A championship.
Dave has owned and operated Holt Baseball since 1997 teaching kids, parents and coaches how to find enjoyment in the youth baseball experience.
Dave is married to Sheila and has 3 children, Rusty, Rachel and Peter, and two grandchildren Avery and Trent.
Why do I want to Help?
I love to help baseball coaches transform into complete player development experts. When coaches understand how to transform their coaching to know they are there to teach vital 5-Tools skills to propel them toward high school baseball and equally help their kids become quality kids with leadership skills too.
I love to share ways to make the practices so much fun. And to share what our role is during in-game coaching. And helping the parents understand what is best for their kids to reach the high school baseball funnel.
What To Expect When You Enroll
Immediately we will get together for a one hour session and go over things that will start transforming your style, approach and practice formats. Consultations and the course content will make a big difference right away.
'COMPLETE' Coaching Package: ($267)
*Best Choice to Be the TOP Coach in your area and most advancement in your coaching effectiveness.
Includes: the above....
- Basic Course ($97 Value)
- (1) hour Initial phone, FaceTime, Skype or in-person consultation.($100 Value) I want to get to know you, what your goals are, your baseball interests, your background and your approach to coaching. I also want to introduce myself. And share my baseball coaching journey, my philosophy and approach to baseball development. After our initial assessment we will set our plan to attack areas of improvement and highlight areas of strength. Then, as the months go along we will dig into the course material and how it best applies to your situation.
- BONUS: Special February 2021 PROMO: Order now and get (1) Additional One-Hour Phone Consultation with Dave. ($200 Value)
- (8) Weekly 15-minute phone, Facetime, Skype Consultation check-ins. ($290 Value) Every week for two months we will talk about subject matter in the course and discuss the content and topics that come up. My way of making sure you 'go to class'. Ha!
- Unlimited contact via text message (Value: Priceless) This is where we will be able to consistently stay in contact while taking the course. We can stay in touch and ask any content questions, situations that come up during the season or pre-season and address anything you have on your mind.
- Messager includes:
- Text messages
- Pictures, videos, audio
- BONUS: PDF Copy of my eBook: "Time to Shine:Baseball Coaches Practice Guidebook" Value ($17)
- BONUS: PDF Copy of my eBook: 'Building Your Culture of Hitting' ($17 Value)
Frequently Asked Questions
Coaching youth baseball as a "player development first" coach is extremely difficult.
WHY? Because 'win-at-all-cost' is what the parents want---(it is all they know). Player development approach will cause your team to lose a few most likely. It is up to us to help parents see the BEST way to provide opportunities for their kids is to sacrifice winning games to allow kids to DEVELOP.
Rarely does a coaching mechanism come along that really moves the needle for coaches. I have made a ton of mistakes throughout my coaching career. But, I have polished and honed my approach and now want to share it with you all so you don't have to go through the same blunders I did,
You can get fast results and even if you can help your own kid or a few kids get more joy out of baseball then it is priceless opportunity.